Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jan 6-10 Birthday Week

Jan. 6th.. Started BSF today. I am Excited about digging deep into God's Word. I Buckled kids in the car, STILL listening to Christmas music because after all it is my b-day week=) , than Abigail told me she has to go to restroom. Got everyone out of car including my 27 pound 1 year old, and a nice lady let me in the locked door and pointed me to a close restroom. I never thought a bathroom could be a God-Sighting but in this case it was=). After we got on the road again, I looked in the rearview mirror to see Abigail and Evan holding hands from their 2 carseats and giggling at one another. It was one of those rare God moments, that you have to hold on to during the hundreds of other moments involving pushing, toy-stealing, crying, and biting. I also had a wonderful conversation with my best friend from H.S. She is such an encouragement and hopefully, I encouraged her as well. Got to share with my Grapple Kids about how God can guide us...this was one of those nights where i am not sure anyone got it, but I am praying that as we study the Holy Spirit for the next few weeks that I will see a few lightbulbs and A-Ha moments.

Jan. 7th...Dustin watched the kids for a little bit so I could go to MOPs...What a wonderful understanding husband I am blessed with. He shows me God Moments each day I am married to him....I would be lying if I said that some days I saw more than others, but still, he should get a lot of jewels in his crown for all he serves me. We were going to go out tonight, but kids weren't feeling good, so we had a movie night instead. Time snuggling together is good.

Jan. 8th. Again, Dustin blessed me by watching the kids as I went to the Outlets to hunt for a few bargains. I had a wonderful time sipping my 74 cent coffee from McDonald's and praying. I even prayed for wisdom and God to help me find good deals. I never thought to pray for success and wisdom before I shop, but I definitely will from now on. (Yeah, 2.99 shirts!) It also was snowing, so I took a quick break and sipped a coke in a cafe and worked on my Group stuff in peace. This day was heavenly. It ended with going to our wonderful small group and being with some of our dearest friends. Some even surprised me with a cake and some cards/gifts. I have to say that I had my cake and ate it too at 10 that night. It was my birthday EVE after all. I will start on that NEw Year's Resolution to lose weight MONDAY!

Jan. 9th. My last year to be in my 20's. Aughhhhh! IT was a regular morning of chaos. (So glad to have my coffee today. ) I think my coffee is a God moment each morning as I begin to smell and taste that bittersweet brew that awakens my groggy self and ....I better stop or someone might thing I am addicted. Nonetheless, I am thankful that God thought of coffee beans=) I had several phone calls from my best friends in the whole world. How blessed I am to not just have one best friend, but several whom I have shared life with for many years. Most people only get 1 or 2 over a lifetime, but God has over abundantly blessed me in this area. He knows I need all the prayer and encouragement I can get! I got to have lunch and see "Leap Year" with 2 more friends . (Totally cute love story by the way, and I really would LOVE to go to Ireland someday)
I got to spend the rest of the evening with my family. All 5 of us sisters were together and as I sat on the couch with them, it was a God-Sighting that He blessed me with 4 sisters whom I love with all my heart.

Jan. 10th. Actually made it to church on time. Still looking for the one big God-Sighting of the Day....praying God will surprise me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment