Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jan. 11-18

Has a week happened by now? This blog helps me puts several things into perspective including the fact that time goes so quickly even though the days seem to drag by at times. Here it goes at trying to remember. I decided that in the future I am going to write down my God-Sightings every night on my Scripture Memory Cards...that way I can review scripture, thank God for seeing His Hand at work in my life, and keep the God-Sightings Fresh. What a great way to end each day...Let's see if I can keep that...I so desire for what I say to match up 100% of what I do. This is where I draw on God's grace and strength to help me for I can't do this on my own.

Jan. 11th- I brought my leftover cake into church for the youth...How does that much food get consumed in the blink of an eye? I will know that if I have anything I need to get rid of , (esp. the unhealthy stuff I can not keep in the house, for I have the self-control of a woman who just can't stay away from the sales racks), that I need to take it to church. I don't even think it matters how old it is? Just kidding...I won't bring anything with mold on it. God-Sighting...All the kids and friends wishing me happy birthday still. It's the little things that make a big difference. I had a great Sunday...I love these kids more each week and when I see the excitement and energy in the full room where we have to keep bringing in chairs compared to last year...I KNOW that God has HIs hand on us...our church.

Jan. 12th-Monday? What happened last Monday? I stayed at home all day and did laundry. God-Sighting...My little helper Abigail going around with the Dust Buster getting all the dirt pieces so proud of being Mommy's helper.

Jan. 13th-Tuesday...Trip to library with Abigail. I loved being outside in God's creation (esp. when not getting out the day before).

Jan. 14th- Wed. BSF. I am so excited to dig deep into His Word. Met a girl from China who met Christ and was there because of her neighbor. Wow, I desire to be God Sightings to our neighbors. We are on phase 3 of our reaching out mission.

Jan. 15th- Met a friend at Biblestudy. She always helps me with the kids, is honest, and truly cares about me and my family. I feel blessed to have her in my life. Plus, she is from OK., even lived across from my HighSchool, and went to the same church camp as a teenager. That is too much of a coincidence not to be a God Sighting.

JAn. 16th- A sweet lady from church came and babysat our kids for free so we could go on a date. God Sighting much? Plus, another family gave us a gift card to go out to eat. Although we are really struggling financially, God provides in such amazing ways. From a dehumidifier showing up in front of Dustin's office, to diapers on our back step, or money falling out of my camera bag from someone who felt led, God surprises and amazes me. Tears always form in my eyes as I think of the many ways God shows He cares. How many do I still miss? I am sure alot, but that is what this blog is all about.

Jan. 17th- Praying and Reading Scripture with 2 great couples from our small group. Their hearts and passion for God are not only uplifting, but challenging. I see God at work in their lives and it makes me excited that God gave them to us as friends. Plus, ABIGAIL told us "Come On, Ladies and Gentleman" as we were leaving out the door. How hilarious is that and who taught her to say it?

Jan. 18th- Sunday- Today was so much fun! It was just exciting being in God's house to worship HIm. I had alot of great conversations with youth and volunteers. God is working. Also, about 20 kids showed up for the drama team we are starting . WOW! God provided a seasoned thespian, Keith, to partner with on this. It was way more than I can handle...If you step out on faith, God really shows up sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment